Saturday, August 4, 2007

Love and .. Love? (uganda, HIV and FBI files)

I watched a 'FBI Files' on Discovery Channel. There was a story when a man kidnapped a woman because he wanted to be loved by her. He raped her several times and he was going to kill her ("Either you love me or I kill you"), but the police made their best and the woman was saved.

This story remind me of another that appeared once on NoComment News. Cece's story (she lives in Uganda) is tragic in every way. Her husband came home and killed her mother [his mother-in-law] and beat her to the point of losing her eyesight. The husband was killed from mob retaliation [mob justice] within their village. She found out later that her husband infected her with HIV and she is left blind, widowed with four kids. (the story is showed and told by Elton )


Was it love as well, I wonder?

No comments: